Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Latest Happenings

Man it has been forever since I have been on here! I have been extremely busy finishing up with school, but good news is I just finished up my first year at JSU!!! What a relief. Time flies by so fast it's unbelievable!! I finished up with my Early Childhood classes with all A's and one B so I am satisfied with that. This past semester I had a really bad experience in my practicum classroom, leading me to change my major to Secondary Education. I went through the process of changing my major and registered for all my secondary ed classes. Recently, I had the opportunity to substitute at Fyffe in 2nd grade. 2nd grade was the only grade I had not had the opportunity to sub in so I was very excited. To make a long story short, by the time that day of subbing was over I ran into my Aunt's classroom and said, "What on Earth have I done? Elementary Education is where my heart is!" I believe that I just got down and out after having a bad experience in one classroom. Now I just look at that as another learning experience in my career. Having said that, I should do my student teaching Fall of 2012 and graduate that December!! :) Enough of that...here are some of my latest happenings!

This is a picture of our ECE block class and our teachers.
Easter 2011
Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it wont stay there. ~Clarence W. Hall

Jena, Kyle, and I colored Easter eggs one night in Jacksonville before we all went home. To start off, we forgot to get vinegar at Walmart so we had to send Kyle to get some. THEN it completely slipped our minds that we were supposed to boil the eggs! Haha


They still turned out to be pretty though :)

Anna, Me, and Hope after church on Easter Sunday with our three favorite little girls, the Webb triplets. I still cannott believe how much they have grown. They are so very different and each one of them have their own unique personality. It's neat to think that the three of us used to be that small growing up in church together. I love all of you girls!!

My wonderful family!

Anna, Nanny, and I

Me and Anna with Granny and Grandad

Your never too old to hunt Easter Eggs :)

Counting money that was stashed inside some of the eggs!!

Ashley is a Graduate!!
My roommate, Ashley, just graduated from JSU with a degree in Elementary Education. We are so proud of her because she has worked extremely hard to get to where she is. She is going to be an amazing teacher one day and I admire her so much!! I believe that Ashley is going to be the teacher that students remember years down the road. Love you Ash!!


My best friend Jessica Pope also graduated with her degree in Elementary Education. I know she will make a positive impact on the lives of many children. Love you Jessica!!!


As of now, Jena and I are in Jacksonville for wonderful summer classes...joy! I am hoping to find a summer job to help my parents pay for school. May is going to be such a busy month for me. This month Jessica is getting married so we will be getting ready for that. Also, my sister will graduate from high school on the 26th. Busy, busy, busy!! I am actually kind of glad because here lately I have been so bored that I was ready to have some homework to do (sad I know) lol. I am just taking life day by day, trusting that God has a plan for me. Sometime don't you just wish you could see the bigger picture of things? I sure do!

Have a magnificent week!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment