Saturday, March 12, 2011

Get to Know my Family


The family.  We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. 
~Erma Bombeck


Dad
I hope to marry a man just like my dad one day. He is one of the hardest working people there is. Just about every day after he comes in from work, he goes outside and does more work around the house. Also, he is a "fix-it-all dad"...he can fix just about anything. My dad is the quiet one in the family. He thinks and analyzes before he says something. My dad is a man of God and I only hope to know as much about the Bible as he does. He gives me such great advice and has such a compassionate heart. He has a vast amount of patience, something I really need to work on. I love my dad so much and I definitely want my future husband to have characteristics of my dad.

Mom
Look at how much my mom and I look alike! We were going to church one night and I got into the car to discover that me and mom were dressed exactly alike. Zak, my sisters boyfriend, thought it was hilarious. Me and my mom have our ups and downs, just like any mother and daughter relationship, but I know she is always there for me and wanting whats best for my life. While dad is the quiet one, my mom is the talkative loud one of the family. We have the best time going shopping together because we both like to shop! I take after my mom by having a tender heart about things. She has always been the crier and as I've gotten older, I tend to cry about everything. We both are very stubborn about things. My mom is one of the best moms I could ask for and I love her!! 

My Sister

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. 
~Linda Sunshine
My younger sister is Anna Marie. Our names are so close that I get called Anna all the time. She is about to graduate from High School and I cannot believe it. Looking at us, everyone thinks she is older. She is a lot taller than I am and she is definitely prettier!! Anna is a very stubborn person, she'll stand up for herself (and even me when I need it) and will not let someone run over her unfairly. I admire this characteristic in her. As of now she is unsure what she wants her major to be, but I know she'll figure it out. She is VERY patient with elderly people. She works so well with my grandad who has Parkinsons. I think this will some how fit in to her future career. Anna has a very kind heart and feels bad for people. If she sees you picking on someone, she's probably going to go over there and kick your tail. If I ever get mad at Anna and hit her I immediately say "sorry" or take off running because I'm scared of her. We don't have the perfect sister relationship, but we get along most of the time. Our learning styles are completely different. I know that Anna is going to succeed in whatever she chooses to do in life. Oh and I can't forget to mention the boyfriend, Zak! They've been together for over a year now and I think they're a great couple. He is so laid back and I've never seen him get mad at her in front of our family. He's always up for something she wants to do. I'm glad she found someone like Zak to spend time with.






No comments:

Post a Comment